Petit Lulu Basic Plus Insert for the SIO nappy wrap
Petit Lulu Basic Plus Insert for the SIO nappy wrap. This system is called an ‘all in 2’ nappy and you buy more inserts than wraps. Here we are selling just the insert.
77 in stock
Spend over £50 use code 5PC at checkout for 5% off. Spend over £100 use code 10PC at checkout for 10% off
FREE 5 x Fleece liners with 10 nappies, FREE wet bag with 15 nappies, FREE 5 x Fleece liners & wet bag with 20 nappies
|Fit (Slim or bulky)||Quite bulky particularly at the lower weight range|
|Easy To Use||Very|
|Material||Bamboo and organic cotton|
|Need Separate Wrap||Yes – use with the petit lulu SIO wrap|
|Day or Night||day (very absorbent so may work at night on light wetters)|
|Sizing||9 – 35lbs / 4 – 16kg|
Petit Lulu Basic Plus Insert for the Petit Lulu SIO nappy wrap
SIO basic PLUS
SIO basic PLUS is a special hourglass shaped nappy insert consisting of a base layer and an attachable Long layer (both NEW VERSION). The difference between this insert and the one that comes with the actual SIO Complete nappy is just the top insert, this one is long and the one that comes with the wrap itself is short. You therefore get more absorbency with the Long layer but more bulk.
Insert consists of:
SIO basic (the base) 60% viscose (bamboo), 40% cotton (organic) (4 layers)
PLUS – Long Insert (SIO) face side and underside : 60% viscose (bamboo), 40% cotton (organic) fill : 80% cotton, 20% polyester
You simply attach the insert to the One Size Cover (by snaps) and you get an All-in-One nappy.
The nappy is suitable for babies of 4 – 15 kgs. For newborns to approx. 6 months olds, you can only use a folded base and once you need to increase absorbency you attach the long insert
SIO basic PLUS NEW VERSION nappy insert
– is suitable for both day and night use, its absorbency equals to our Birth-to-Potty nappy
– dries easily (can be spread when line-drying)
– has wings to seal around the baby’s legs to protect the Cover from being dirtied
– is very absorbent
ATTENTION the waterproof Cover is not part of SIO basic PLUS.
Washing – wash between 40° to 60°. Washing and Care – please read carefully our full ‘washing and care instructions’. All nappies and wraps must be washed according to our care instructions otherwise the manufacturers guarantee will not be valid. All new nappies must be washed before they are used. Please note that when buying a large number of cloth nappies you should just wash a few in the first instance, and check you are happy with your choice, as I cannot refund on used or washed nappies. This nappy can be tumble dried on a low heat, however it is advisable to only tumble dry occasionally as it does shorten the life of the nappy and of course cost you more. Do not use Ecover washing powder or liquid with your cloth nappies
How to Maintain Petit Lulu Nappies – From the Manufacturers
Washing and first time use
- Wash before first use to remove any residues from production process.
- It may take 6 – 10 washes to reach the bamboo’s maximum absorbency. So don’t be surprised at the beginning – it will improve along the way.
- Wash at 60°C !!! Lower temperatures won’t fully destroy the ammonia.
- No bleach, no softener !!! WARNING : Read carefully ingredients of your washing detergent.
- It is not necessary to make any special soap slime – standard baby washing detergent is good enough. We do not recommend using eco-friendly detergents – they often cannot sufficiently wash the ammonia out.
- Do not overload your washing machine or the nappies won’t get washed and rinsed sufficiently.
- Adjust the washing detergent dosage according to your water hardness (overdose causes clogging of the Hook & Loop).
- The Covers should not be spin-dried at more than 1 000 RPM.
- Line-drying is the ideal way as the sun sanitises and bleach out any remaining stains. Place the inner side of the nappy facing the sun. If you leave the insert snapped-in, you will save one pin 🙂
- Tumble drying, if necessary, is ONLY possible at LOW , but is not recommended as it will definitely shorten the nappy lifespan – perishing of the elastics, tears in the outer printed material. However, you must not tumble dry the Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats !!! Always remember, that you should treat the PUL material in the same way as for example your softshell jacket.
- Drying on heater is ONLY possible for Inserts, Boosters and Prefolds. The heat would damage the waterproof PUL layer of Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats. In case of Birth to Potty & Newborn Nappies, SIO basics, the elastics would get loose. Remember, that if you dry on heater too often, the nappies will get hard and rough.
3. Storing of Dirty Nappies
- Definitely Dry Pail – no soaking !!! Soaking destroys the bamboo fiber.
- Use flushable or fleece liners (placed in between the nappy and baby’s bottom) for easy disposal of solids and protection of the nappy from unwashable stains.
- Do not store dirty nappies for too many days. They should be washed in 2-3 days maximum.
- Keep the pail clean !
4. Various Tips&Warnings
- When washing, fasten the Hook & Loops into the counterparts that are hidden under the nappy “ears” (the hooks won’t collect dirt nor tear the threads off).
- Always wash and dry the Birth to Potty Nappy and Covers with the snaps undone (i.e. at the maximum size).
- When line-drying the Birth to Potty Nappies, they should hang from the nappy “head” (where the long loop band is) to prevent them from twisting.
- To disinfect your washing machine, once a month, let it run idle at 90°C and use vinegar instead of washing detergent. Once in 2 weeks, add a disinfectant to the washing.
- Remember, that especially for Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats the machine washing is more gentle than hand washing !!! By rubbing in hands, the PUL layer gets damaged. Again : you should treat the PUL material in the same way as for example your softshell jacket.
- Always undo the snaps very carefully by placing your fingers as close as possible to the snap, or the snaps will tear-off or the material around the snap will get torn. This mechanical damage is not claimable.