Petit Lulu Snap In One (SIO) Complete Nappy
Petit Lulu Snap In One (SIO) Complete Nappy is super soft absorbent ‘all in two’ cloth nappy from Czech Republic. Made in Europe.
Spend over £50 use code 5PC at checkout for 5% off. Spend over £100 use code 10PC at checkout for 10% off
FREE 5 x Fleece liners with 10 nappies, FREE wet bag with 15 nappies, FREE 5 x Fleece liners & wet bag with 20 nappies
|Drying Time||Average – insert is around 8 hours line dry|
|Fit (Slim or bulky)||Use just one part of insert if you want a slim nappy|
|Easy To Use||Quite simple|
|Fastening||Poppers or Velcro|
|Material||wrap 100% polyester (laminated with polyurethane) with fleece hem and inserts bamboo and organic cotton|
|Need Separate Wrap||No – comes as complete nappy here but extra inserts can be purchased|
|Day or Night||Day (very absorbent so may work at night on light wetters)|
|Sizing||9 – 35lbs / 4 – 16kg|
Petit Lulu snap in one (SIO) complete nappy is a onesize is the new version which comes in velcro or snaps.
Both the inserts and wrap are the NEW VERSION SIO Complete Nappy from Petit Lulu.
Snap in one (SIO) Complete nappy consists of a ‘Petit Lulu One-Size nappy cover’ (in either snaps or velcro fastening) and a ‘snap in one basic START insert’. This nappy falls into the category of an ‘all in 2’ nappy, which basically means that although the nappy is actually in two parts (wrap and insert) you attach it all together via a popper at each end, before putting on your baby. It is put onto your baby like an ‘all in one’ nappy, in one piece, so is just like putting on a disposable nappy. You can buy/ have more inserts than wraps and whenever the wrap is not soiled you just change the insert. I sell the basic Plus inserts separately so you can buy extra to give you more nappy changes using the same wrap*.
The snap in insert that the wrap comes with is actually two inserts poppered together and is hour glass shaped. The insert consists of a small and oblong short which via one popper is attached to the base insert. This insert is then attached both ends via one popper to the wrap and hey presto you have an ‘all in one’ nappy !
Tips – If using on a newborn you start with the longer bigger base insert and the wrap (see video below) and as you need more absorbency and your baby grows you use both inserts together.
My Opinion – A great choice as a day time nappy at home or when out and about. Some parents find it works very well at night too due to highly absorbent inserts. (As always if you are struggling with nights and leaks, the best night time nappy is usually the two part shaped nappy with an outer wrap, for example the Little Lamb Bamboo or Petit Lulu Organic Maxi night with an airflow wrap or Thirsties nappy Cover. The lovely soft fleece hems are very sensitive to child’s legs and tummy which means no marks on the skin and fleece is also a great insulator and therefore really helps stop leaks. Petit Lulu is a small family run business in Czech Republic started in 2012 by Lucie, every product is made out of certified materials, suitable for under 3s and all products are handmade in the Czech Republic keeping money and jobs in Europe. Finally of course Petit Lulu comes in some really gorgeous patterns !
Petit Lulu SIO (snap in one) Complete Nappy consists of:
1 x One-Size Cover
Waterproof but breathable cover/wrap (4 -15 kg according to child’s proportions). Can be adjusted to Small, Medium and Large size thanks to the Hook & Loop (now comes in snaps too) and 3 rows of snaps. The snaps are underlaid by suedecloth and the Hook & Loop by second PUL layer. All this to prolong the product lifespan and for its better performance and to be more comfortable for your baby. The fleece hems are very sensitive to child’s legs and tummy so less marks on the skin. The fleece is also a great insulator which stops leaks.
Material: 100% polyester (laminated with polyurethan), fleece hem.
1 x SIO basic START Insert
SIO basic START (new version) is a special nappy insert consisting of a base (SIO basic NEW VERSION) and an attachable Short Insert (SIO) NEW VERSION.
SIO basic (base) 60% viscose (bamboo), 40% cotton (organic) (4 layers)
START – Short Insert – face side and underside : 60% viscose (bamboo), 40% cotton (organic) fill : 80% cotton, 20% polyester
Size – The nappy is suitable for babies of 4 – 15 kgs / 9 -35lbs
*The Basic plus insert is slightly different from the one that comes with the SIO Complete in that there is a double length in the smaller insert so you can get even more absorbency.
Washing – wash between 40° to 60°. Washing and Care – please read carefully our full ‘washing and care instructions’. All nappies and wraps must be washed according to our care instructions otherwise the manufacturers guarantee will not be valid. All new nappies must be washed before they are used. Please note that when buying a large number of cloth nappies you should just wash a few in the first instance, and check you are happy with your choice, as I cannot refund on used or washed nappies. This nappy can be tumble dried on a low heat, however it is advisable to only tumble dry occasionally as it does shorten the life of the nappy and of course cost you more. Do not use Ecover washing powder or liquid with your cloth nappies
Washing instructions and care guide from PETIT LULU
Washing and first time use
- Wash before first use to remove any residues from production process.
- It may take 6 – 10 washes to reach the bamboo’s maximum absorbency. So don’t be surprised at the beginning – it will improve along the way.
- Wash at 60°C !!! Lower temperatures won’t fully destroy the ammonia.
- No bleach, no softener !!! WARNING : Read carefully ingredients of your washing detergent.
- It is not necessary to make any special soap slime – standard baby washing detergent is good enough. We do not recommend using eco-friendly detergents – they often cannot sufficiently wash the ammonia out.
- Do not overload your washing machine or the nappies won’t get washed and rinsed sufficiently.
- Adjust the washing detergent dosage according to your water hardness (overdose causes clogging of the Hook & Loop).
- The Covers should not be spin-dried at more than 1 000 RPM.
- Line-drying is the ideal way as the sun sanitises and bleach out any remaining stains. Place the inner side of the nappy facing the sun. If you leave the insert snapped-in, you will save one pin 🙂
- Tumble drying, if necessary, is ONLY possible at LOW , but is not recommended as it will definitely shorten the nappy lifespan – perishing of the elastics, tears in the outer printed material. However, you must not tumble dry the Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats !!! Always remember, that you should treat the PUL material in the same way as for example your softshell jacket.
- Drying on heater is ONLY possible for Inserts, Boosters and Prefolds. The heat would damage the waterproof PUL layer of Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats. In case of Birth to Potty & Newborn Nappies, SIO basics, the elastics would get loose. Remember, that if you dry on heater too often, the nappies will get hard and rough.
3. Storing of Dirty Nappies
- Definitely Dry Pail – no soaking !!! Soaking destroys the bamboo fiber.
- Use flushable or fleece liners (placed in between the nappy and baby’s bottom) for easy disposal of solids and protection of the nappy from unwashable stains.
- Do not store dirty nappies for too many days. They should be washed in 2-3 days maximum.
- Keep the pail clean !
4. Various Tips&Warnings
- When washing, fasten the Hook & Loops into the counterparts that are hidden under the nappy “ears” (the hooks won’t collect dirt nor tear the threads off).
- Always wash and dry the Birth to Potty Nappy and Covers with the snaps undone (i.e. at the maximum size).
- When line-drying the Birth to Potty Nappies, they should hang from the nappy “head” (where the long loop band is) to prevent them from twisting.
- To disinfect your washing machine, once a month, let it run idle at 90°C and use vinegar instead of washing detergent. Once in 2 weeks, add a disinfectant to the washing.
- Remember, that especially for Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats the machine washing is more gentle than hand washing !!! By rubbing in hands, the PUL layer gets damaged. Again : you should treat the PUL material in the same way as for example your softshell jacket.
- Always undo the snaps very carefully by placing your fingers as close as possible to the snap, or the snaps will tear-off or the material around the snap will get torn. This mechanical damage is not claimable.