Petit Lulu AIO Pocket Nappy
Petit Lulu AIO Pocket Nappy with a pul outer, cotton inner lining, and a front-opening pocket, each nappy comes with a short and long bamboo terry insert.
Spend over £50 use code 5PC at checkout for 5% off. Spend over £100 use code 10PC at checkout for 10% off
FREE 5 x Fleece liners with 10 nappies, FREE wet bag with 15 nappies, FREE 5 x Fleece liners & wet bag with 20 nappies
|Fit (Slim or bulky)
|Quite bulky particularly at the lower weight range
|Easy To Use
|Bamboo and organic cotton
|Need Separate Wrap
|Day or Night
|15 – 35lbs / 7 – 16kg
Petit Lulu AIO Pocket Nappy (AIO means ‘all in one’)
All in one and pocket nappy are actually two different styles of nappy, so the name is rather confusing, this is a pocket nappy rather than an AIO, like all pocket nappies once stuffed it does go onto your baby as one nappy and this nappy comes from Europe so perhaps that is where the confusion arises. It is a great nappy though made very well and with Petit Lulu’s wonderful patterns.
One-size nappy (10 – 34lbs / 4-15 kg) adjustable by sizing snaps. The inside pocket is partly opened at the side, this is to prevent wicking and to help dry speed. The opening/gap at the legs of the nappy creates a double gusset (gusset from pocket and gusset from fleece binding) which means containment is very good. This A bio-cotton pocket is attached to a Cover. The pocket is to be stuffed from the front and contains a short and a long bamboo-bio cotton terry insert. Each nappy comes with one triple layer bio-cotton insert and the whole nappy needs to be washed with every use. This nappy is unique because the bio-cotton insert is not sewn under the hem in the wettest area around legs, this prevents the fleece hem from soaking and makes drying faster. You must always take the inserts out of the pocket after using and wash separately. The insert is Petit Lulu’s trade mark ‘Fluffy Organic’, which means it is a combination of soft bamboo-bio-cotton terry (Fluffy) and the biocotton contact layer (Organic). The cover itself is underlaid by second PUL layer for better performance.
This is a great day time nappy and will not work at night on most babies.
outer layer : 100% polyester (laminated with polyurethane), fleece hem.
inner layer : 100% cotton (organic)
Washing – wash between 40° to 60°. Washing and Care – please read carefully our full ‘washing and care instructions’. All nappies and wraps must be washed according to our care instructions otherwise the manufacturers guarantee will not be valid. All new nappies must be washed before they are used. Please note that when buying a large number of cloth nappies you should just wash a few in the first instance, and check you are happy with your choice, as I cannot refund on used or washed nappies. This nappy can be tumble dried on a low heat, however it is advisable to only tumble dry occasionally as it does shorten the life of the nappy and of course cost you more. Do not use Ecover washing powder or liquid with your cloth nappies
Washing instructions and care guide from PETIT LULU
Washing and first time use
- Wash before first use to remove any residues from production process.
- It may take 6 – 10 washes to reach the bamboo’s maximum absorbency. So don’t be surprised at the beginning – it will improve along the way.
- Wash at 60°C !!! Lower temperatures won’t fully destroy the ammonia.
- No bleach, no softener !!! WARNING : Read carefully ingredients of your washing detergent.
- It is not necessary to make any special soap slime – standard baby washing detergent is good enough. We do not recommend using eco-friendly detergents – they often cannot sufficiently wash the ammonia out.
- Do not overload your washing machine or the nappies won’t get washed and rinsed sufficiently.
- Adjust the washing detergent dosage according to your water hardness (overdose causes clogging of the Hook & Loop).
- The Covers should not be spin-dried at more than 1 000 RPM.
- Line-drying is the ideal way as the sun sanitises and bleach out any remaining stains. Place the inner side of the nappy facing the sun. If you leave the insert snapped-in, you will save one pin 🙂
- Tumble drying, if necessary, is ONLY possible at LOW , but is not recommended as it will definitely shorten the nappy lifespan – perishing of the elastics, tears in the outer printed material. However, you must not tumble dry the Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats !!! Always remember, that you should treat the PUL material in the same way as for example your softshell jacket.
- Drying on heater is ONLY possible for Inserts, Boosters and Prefolds. The heat would damage the waterproof PUL layer of Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats. In case of Birth to Potty & Newborn Nappies, SIO basics, the elastics would get loose. Remember, that if you dry on heater too often, the nappies will get hard and rough.
3. Storing of Dirty Nappies
- Definitely Dry Pail – no soaking !!! Soaking destroys the bamboo fiber.
- Use flushable or fleece liners (placed in between the nappy and baby’s bottom) for easy disposal of solids and protection of the nappy from unwashable stains.
- Do not store dirty nappies for too many days. They should be washed in 2-3 days maximum.
- Keep the pail clean !
4. Various Tips & Warnings
- When washing, fasten the Hook & Loops into the counterparts that are hidden under the nappy “ears” (the hooks won’t collect dirt nor tear the threads off).
- Always wash and dry the Birth to Potty Nappy and Covers with the snaps undone (i.e. at the maximum size).
- When line-drying the Birth to Potty Nappies, they should hang from the nappy “head” (where the long loop band is) to prevent them from twisting.
- To disinfect your washing machine, once a month, let it run idle at 90°C and use vinegar instead of washing detergent. Once in 2 weeks, add a disinfectant to the washing.
- Remember, that especially for Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats the machine washing is more gentle than hand washing !!! By rubbing in hands, the PUL layer gets damaged. Again : you should treat the PUL material in the same way as for example your softshell jacket.
- Always undo the snaps very carefully by placing your fingers as close as possible to the snap, or the snaps will tear-off or the material around the snap will get torn. This mechanical damage is not claimable.